Having the right kitchen tools in your kitchen will make your life so much easier.
Sometimes, living a healthy lifestyle also includes being committed to your lifestyle and making the effort to stay consistent with all the food that you eat. Staying consistent cannot be achieved if you do not have the right tools.
A lot of vegetables require peeling, slicing, dicing, and all other kinds of preparation to create healthy, nutritious and delicious food. If you have been having trouble using the right tools, don’t worry because you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will be listing down 5 amazing tools that you need, to have a great plant-based kitchen.
Are you ready to find out what they are?
- Mandolin – if you are looking for a tool that can cut down your mealtime to at least half, then this tool will be your best choice. People hate chopping vegetables because it takes up way too much time when preparing food. With a mandolin, you can slice your vegetables any way you want. In fact, using a mandolin slices all the vegetables in its exact size and measurement, which helps you, cook more evenly.
- Food Processor – There is a difference between a blender and a food processor. A blender blends foods and other different ingredients into liquid form, whereas if you own a food processor it breaks down bulky ingredients and combines them together. Blenders are great for blending food like soup, smoothies, sauces, but food processors are perfect for chopping nuts, making flour from nuts and grains, or mixing dough. Depending on what blade you use, food processors can both slice and shred.
- Grater – A lot of people mistake graters to be useful for only cheese, but when really you can grate a lot of other ingredients too. It’s a great tool to have around the house, if you do not have a food processor. A grater will be less hassle for you to clean.
- Tofu Press – Tofu is both nutritious and just full of vitamins, which make it a great substitute for meat based protein ingredients. A tofu press is very convenient because it makes it easier for you to press all the water out of a block of tofu. It’s simple to use and does not require that much thought to use.
- Steamer Basket – If you like your vegetables steamed, then the steamer basket is the best tool to use for that. In fact, steaming your veggies will ensure that you do not get rid of the nutrients, whereas if you choose to boil your food it can deplete the ingredients of its natural healthy components.