Food not only satisfies taste buds but is also important in determining the state of health of individuals. As such, eating the right foods will not only provide health benefits internally, but also rejuvenate skin and take years off your face externally.
The aging process can be slowed down by eating beauty enhancing foods.
Perhaps chief among these choices are foods that are rich in vitamins. Vitamins along with minerals have been known to provide many benefits for correcting dull complexions, wrinkles as well as saggy skin. Not only do vitamins help these common skin issues but also go beyond and support healthy nails and hair as well.
Likewise, eating foods that are high in protein help maintain skin elasticity and firmness. Foods that are rich sources of antioxidants can affect skin care in a positive manner by protecting it from external effects like the sun and guarding skin cells by helping them repair themselves from damage.
Like proteins and antioxidants, consumption of essential fatty acids is also important for an effective skin care regimen. Among fruits, berries are known for their health and beauty enhancing properties.
Taking a closer look at what different berries have to offer, here is a quick summary.
- Blackberries are known to contain the most antioxidants of all berries. One cup of this delicious fruit will out rival the amount of antioxidants contained in the same quantity of blueberries, strawberries, cranberries and raspberries.
- One cup of sliced strawberries easily covers more than the daily recommended intake of vitamin C. Another bonus is the generous amount of fiber strawberries contain.
- Cranberries come armed with useful health boosting antioxidants.
- To get a super delicious dose of vitamin C into your diet, why not throw in a cup of raspberries into the mix.
- And finally, last, but by no means least, eating blueberries comes with the benefit of protecting the skin from premature aging.