Cookies have always been a guilty pleasure. For some of us who are trying to cut down on some weight, cookies have always been a hard snack to stop eating. A lot of us consume so many cookies because of stress, to get rid of hunger, or use it as a quick sugar fix.
Some healthy cookies may be easy to find but not always the best tasting snacks because they can taste bland or just not sweet enough to satisfy our cravings.
Did you know that healthy cookies don’t always have to taste bad? Yes, healthy cookies can taste amazing for as long as you get the recipe just right and you know what healthy ingredients to put in the mix to make it taste great.
Watch the video below for full recipe.
This recipe is easy to make, great for children, and stress free. No refined sugars, no dairy and gluten free! And is packed with protein.
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs or 2 tbsp. of chia seeds in 6 tbsp. of water (for vegan version)
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ½ cup of unrefined coconut oil
- 1.5 cups of dark chocolate chips or dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix in 3 cups of almond flour, 1 tsp. of baking soda, and 1 tsp. of sea salt.
- In another smaller bowl, mix in 2 eggs or the chia seeds with water and wait 5 minutes to get a gelatinous mixture. After add ½ cup of maple syrup, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and ½ cup of coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients together in one bowl and stir until well blended.
- Add the dark chocolate chips into the mix and stir again.
- On a baking sheet, spread the coconut oil so that the cookie mix won’t stick to the pan or use parchment paper.
- On the pan, start shaping your cookies and place them in the oven to cook. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes at 375 degrees fahrenheit. Let cool and enjoy!
Controlling yourself not to eat anything sweet can be hard to do, but with these cookies you won’t have to succumb to their unhealthy alternatives. Enjoy!