Everyone loves chocolate. It’s a guilty pleasure and most people just love to keep eating it especially when they are feeling stressed or just need a quick sugar fix. Contrary to popular belief, not all chocolate is bad for you.
There are a lot of benefits to making your own raw chocolate, and there are a lot of benefits you can get from dark chocolate. If you want to try and make your own but you do not know where to start, don’t worry because you have come to the right place.
Watch the video below for full recipe.
- Raw Cacao Butter
- Raw Cacao Powder
- Raw Cacao Paste
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate molds can be in any choice of shape that you want
- Raw Walnuts or any nut of your choice (optional)
- Superfoods of choice (optional)
- Coconut sugar, honey or maple syrup
- In a (bain marie) double boiler system, add the raw cacao butter and the raw cacao paste and let it melt slowly at a low temperature.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients. Feel free to experiment with the walnuts; you can add more to the mix depending on how crunchy you want your chocolate to be.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the ingredients and mix it all together thoroughly until everything is mixed together.
- Once the raw cacao butter and the raw cacao paste are already melted, pour it into the dry ingredients together and mix it slowly because it is hot. Make sure to blend it together thoroughly.
- Since the chocolates won’t be cooked, they will be put in the freezer, you can start adding the chocolate mix to your molds using a candy funnel. Go slowly and fill them up one by one.
- After you have filled in the molds, leave them in the freezer for 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on how big the molds are.
- Store your raw chocolate in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. These chocolates are healthy and do not contain any preservatives.
Chocolate has always been a favorite guilty pleasure, but wouldn’t it be better if you had a guilty pleasure that was both healthy and delicious all at the same time?
Have fun making your own chocolate.