Have you heard of quinoa? If you haven’t and you have been craving for rice or heavy carbs, then this may be the best alternative. Quinoa is a nutritious seed that originated in the Andes Mountains thousands of years ago. It is packed with more protein as compared to other grains and seeds available.
A lot of people especially vegetarians love quinoa because it’s packed with nutrients.
Watch the video below for full recipe.
- 1 cup of quinoa (white or 3 color blend)
- fresh parsley
- crumbled feta cheese or vegan Daiya cheese
- bell peppers
- olive oil
- green onions
- cherry tomatoes
- lemon juice
- First you need to prepare your quinoa. To do this, thoroughly rinse your quinoa in water first. Make sure to do this thoroughly. In a large pot, add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa. Let it boil and then let it simmer down for about 15 minutes. Once all the water has been absorbed, use a fork to fluff it up a little bit and then let it cool down.
- In another bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, chopped fresh parsley, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Add the lemon juice and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix everything together thoroughly so that the flavors are blended properly.
- Add all the other ingredients into the quinoa and mix thoroughly. Enjoy!